Monday, July 27, 2009

Quickening

She moved!

I'd been hoping. Fretting a little that something might be wrong. I love home, but I'd wanted some time away, some time flying. To kick off against a station, stretch my arms toward a star and feel the erendati moving with me. Fire in my left hand, water in my right, as I speed into the void. I've missed the blue-shift of warp. So I changed to a clone to spend a couple of days undocking without fear.

On returning to my body there was Jonny, for real, in the flesh. I think... I think I've known this body of his before: the smell and taste of him were familiar. Dozing in his arms felt deeply comforting...

And then she moved.

A flutter. She's too small yet for kicking that feels like kicking. Jonny said she was probably dancing. I liked that thought. Some day soon he'll be able to feel it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment